Line Matrix is the Greenest Printing Technology Available Today
The Printronix P7000 family is built to last for years and years, a key ecological benefit over shorter life cycle products such as laser and serial printers. Engineered with features that promote less energy consumption and generate less waste, the P7000 family of line matrix printers is environmentally responsible and provides the right printing solution for a greener world.
One Line Matrix Printer Life Cycle is Equal to Three Laser Printer Life Cycles
Line Matrix printers stay active and productive for a longer period of time because of their solid design and use of industrial materials. They are often rebuilt, resold and redistributed into the global business community. One of biggest plusses of the next generation P7000 Series is an increased life span and higher productivity. While there are many line matrix printers currently in the operation, the addition of a new P7000 printer platform offers businesses the ability to substantially improve printing operations for a long period of time. Much longer than laser or serial printers, which often are used in a ratio of 3 to 1 in comparison to line matrix printers.
This gives Line Matrix Printers more environmental pluses:
Line matrix printers will use less energy to be built, shipped, installed, maintained and disposed of as opposed to laser or serial printers.
Easier to Recycle
Line Matrix printers are built to be tough and to keep printing for years and years in the harshest industrial environments. They are built so well that they are often refurbished and resold to the secondary line matrix printer market. When they finally reach the end of their long life cycles, they are recycled for repair parts.
The result is two fold:
- Line Matrix Printers do not end up in landfills whereas laser printers do.
- Line Matrix Printers are fully recyclable. In fact, they are built so well that they are often refurbished and resold to the secondary line matrix printer market. When they finally reach the end of their long life cycles, they are sent to the recycler, not to landfills as is the case with laser and serial printers.
Line Matrix printers produce less waste than laser and serial printers.
This waste savings is found all areas of printing:
- Less forms waste - The P7000 Series has an improved media handling capability. With a two tractor gate system and a redesigned micro-platen adjuster, the P7000 reduces the chance of form tear, saving paper and energy, while boosting productivity.
- Less packaging, shipping and consumables waste - With a more compact, longer life consumables cartridge design, less packaging is used and shipping costs are lower. Compared to laser and serial, you will be throwing out less cardboard shipping containers and far less plastic cartridges.
- Less energy waste - Even environmentally friendly features like energy sleep modes can be a source of waste. In comparison to laser and serial printers, the P7000 Series uses a sleep mode that activates the printer quicker, saving your company time and energy.
As you can see, the P7000 Series gives you environmental advantages and cost savings as well. Your business can reap the benefits with a reduced carbon footprint AND financial benefits that go straight to your company's bottom line.